Wednesday, November 30, 2005

In The Now

They tell me it's my birthday. Quite a few thoughts have come to my mind today. Some needed to be cast down as per 2 Cor 10:1-6:

Failure, guilt, defeat, sense of waste, "what if I had done things differently?"

But you know what? We can't change the past. There are some things that I would have done differently if I had the possibility. And there are many things that I would have done exactly the same. The bottom line, however, is that I can't change what has been done. In the words of the old cliche, "It is water under the bridge."

Then a saying came across my mind, one I am sure most of you have heard at one time or another. "This is the first day of the rest of my life!" Wow, what a revelation. If you think about it, this day is all that we have, isn't it? We should make the best of each day, my friend.

We need to live "In The Now," in the present moment. Ask yourself today, "What is the most important thing that I could (should) be doing right now?" Then DO IT!! Let's not waste anymore time worrying about the past, live for YHWH today.

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto YHWH. And the peace of YHWH, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Ha Moshiach YHWSHUA. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and YHWH Shalom shall be with you." (Phil 4:6-9)

Shalom....
David

No comments: