Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Chicken Soup Anyone?

Well we had quite a day today. It was an experience we won't forget in the near future! We were blessed a few weeks back when our new neighbor told us he had some chickens that needed to be butchered. He asked if we would do the butchering in exchange for 1/2 the chickens. Of COURSE we would love to do it, we told him! ROTFLOL!

Well today was the big day. We got over there...set up the block...and made the fire to boil some water (I thought you only did that when your wife is pregnant, but when you pluck chickens you do it also. Once everything was set up we went into the roost to gather up one after another rooster. You know, I think they knew what was coming. I mean, not one of them came running over saying "me next"! But we ran...chased...and finally caught them.

Out to the block...then hung upside down for the blood to drain...then to the pot of hot water and to the table to pluck. Well our girls looked like they had been tarred and feathered by the time it was done. Tam was up to her elbows in "guts" (literally) and we were having fun! But as Tam has said to a few ... "We DID NOT have chicken tonight"!

As I sat by the block after killing the chickens I thought about all of the blood...and the temple...and YHWSHUA's sacrifice for us. I know "The Blood" isn't a popular subject, but it was necessary. And I am so grateful that HE shed HIS blood to atone for my sins. What about you friend? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb? If not, you can be. HE so wants to cleanse you so that you and HE can have fellowship. Open your heart today!

No comments: